National Aptitude Test in Architecture is organized for those aspirants looking for admission in architecture courses like (B.Arch) i.e., Bachelor of Architecture degree program. NATA score is an admission criterion in different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture.
This test calculates the aptitude of the Student for the platform of architecture. NATA score cards are considered by Different government, government aided and private colleges or universities for admission in B.Arch programme. Future in architecture offer young professionals a life of discovery, importance and personal development. An architectural education sets in motion a long life learning method! Architecture is a career for student who love their work and a “job” is not their ambition. This is why because as a follower in the studio young architects become leaders on site where drawings are transformed into reality and in society where they have a particular direction on eternity.
- NATA 2017 Counseling Allotment – Candidates must carry these below Documents.
- Counseling letter
- NATA 2017 Admit Card
- Class X mark sheet and pass certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and pass certificate
- NATA 2017 Scorecard
- Online registration receipt for participation in NATA 2017
- Counseling hall ticket (appointment voucher)
- Identity proof (government issued)
- 4-6 passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
The candidate applying for NATA-2017 must have cleared class SSC examination or equivalent. Whereas the candidates applying for BArch must have cleared intermediate examination or equivalent (with 50% marks and mathematics as one of the subject).
The examination fee for NATA is Rs/-1000 including application fee and brochure. This money has to be paid at the time of purchasing application.
NATA 2017 Examination Pattern
NATA has been designed in two parts:
- Drawing test-paper based
- Aesthetic sensitivity test-computer based
|Important Dates for NATA 2017 (Tentative)
|NATA 2016 Online application form will be available
|Exam starts from
||April to August 2017
Note- Given Schedule is tentative, final dates will updated after NATA 2017 Official notification.
Nata Exam pattern
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections -a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.
- This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt three questions. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects-
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings. Sense of perspective drawing Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms. Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition. Understanding of scale and proportions. Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions.
- The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of –
- Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects. Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities. Analytical reasoning. Mental Ability. Imaginative comprehension and expression. Architectural awareness.
- The students who are interested to get an admission in B Arch course has to get at least 40% score in NATA (based on Council of Architecture Admission Guidelines).
- Process of scoring for drawing test– There will be a panel of 3 examiners to review the answers of drawing test and the average of marks given by the 3 will be considered. The examiners will evaluate the candidate’s ability on drawing, imagination, observation, sense of proportion, perspective, color sense and composition.
- Process of scoring for aesthetic sensitivity test– This is a system based adaptive test and the difficulty level of the questions will be changed as per candidate’s ability level. When a candidate gives right answer then the next question will be difficult one, whereas a candidate gives wrong answer then the next question will be easier one. The final score will depend on the average difficulty level of all the questions and the given right answers. For example- a candidate attempting less right answers with higher difficulty questions may score more than a candidate attempting more right answers with less difficulty questions.
- The candidates can check NATA results from the official website. The score card can be downloaded from the website by the fourth working day after the test.
- The original mark sheet can be retrieved by any admission authority directly from NATA server. The mark sheet uploaded from NATA server will only be considered, not the print outs etc.
- The candidates can use the print out only in case if it is required by the admission authority. The NATA 2017 score card will be valid up to 2 years from the date of last test taken.
Important Tenetative Dates for Examination
||Third week of January, 2017
|Offline exam date
||16th April 2017
|Registration last date
||Second week of April, 2017
How to Apply through online
Candidates can register for the NATA 2017 through only online procedure. Here, we mentioned step by step process.
- Go through the official site of NATA.
- Click on the link “Click here to register for NATA 2017”.
- If you are a new user then click on “Register as a New User”.
- Enter your Email ID, Password, confirm Password & captcha verification & Click on “Register”
Button. Candidates User Account has been successfully registered.
- Candidates must have to check their email ID & verify their email ID for further process.
- Now, candidates have to re-login again by submitting their Email ID, Password & captcha verification & Click on “Login” Button.
- Read the instruction carefully.
- Click on “NATA Profile”.
- Candidates have to fill their basic information & upload their scanned photograph and click on save button.
- Now, candidates have to pay the NATA registration fee. By clicking on “Pay NATA Fees”.
- Candidates have to click on “Purchase New Form”.
- After the fee payment, click on the submit button.
- Candidates have to select the exam date and exam center, according to their priority.
- Take the printout of the filled NATA application form 2017 for future use.
Must Read books to prepare for Examination
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NATA & B.Arch complete self study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch by P. K. Mishra
- B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan
Some coaching institutes also provide a full set of self study books. I’m adding a link to two such coaching institutes that provide such self study books:
- NATA Study Material and Online Test Series
- Buy Nata Entrance Books online- Mosaic Institute of Design
- Books for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) and Architecture Aptitude Test
- Nata Study Material, Nata Books, Nata Model Papers, Nata Sample Papers Free Download
- BEST NATA BOOKS 2016 – RECOMMENDED BY TOPPERS