The main objective of the institute is to produce quality Engineers and Scientists in Graduate levels in various branches of Engineering and Science. The institute is managed by the Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Rural Management Society and vested with significant degree of administrative and financial autonomy.
The campus of the institute consisting of the institute buildings, halls of residence and staff colony is located at Phagi which is about 36kms from Jaipur city on Diggi-Malpura state highway.The campus has all the amenities for developing personal, social and academic skills of the student community. It is beautifully designed, pollution free campus spread over an area of 120 acres of land surrounded by lush green fields away from the hub-bub of the city.
• To provide a cost effective base for pursuing comprehensive education program to develop engineering knowledge and skills alongwith the essential ingredients of entrepreneurial attitude and orientations.
• To create industrial linkages and support research and development activities for generating innovation and excellence.
• To forge links with International and National Engineering Institutions and Universities for updating knowledge and developing global outlook.
• To inculcate among the students a value ; framework that is global yet reflects our national ethos.
• To establish a ” Deemed University ” of repute ant renown by 2010 AD.
• To provide a conductive environment where technology can be studied, invented and promoted.
• To forge links with institutions of similar objective worldwide and to make optimum utilization of the association.
• To create a healthy competitive attitude amongst the students by incentive through various extra curricular activities, scholarships and other such measures.
• SMCET aims at providing world class engineering education with professional training to promote technology advancement so that the Indian technocrats may withstand and win the competition existing at the world level.
• SMCET vision is to ensure the professional growth vis-à-vis the global demands amongst the technology giants in India and outside by sincere efforts in invigorating work culture alongwith practice knowledge and experience.
• To develop an Engineering Institute of Excellence with key focus on sustaining and promoting capabilities built through
• High academic standards designed to ensure holistic development of the students with global outlook and personality development with human values;
• Sincere efforts to ensure a congenial and invigorating work culture, synthesis of practical knowledge and experience through various activities and;
• creating an environment, which nurtures and nourishes motivates and inspires original research in various engineering branches and also development of technical and entrepreneurial skills.
Mode of Admission:
• The allotment of the seats by the Institute are as follows:
• 70% seats are allotted through merit list of Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (RPET) Counseling
• 15% seats are allotted through merit list of All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) Counseling
• 15% seats are allotted by management quota to meritorious students.
Major Campus placement drives
Most of our students have got placed through campus interviews in companies like
• Wipro Limited
• Infosys Technologies Ltd.
• HCL Technologies
• Tech Mahindra
• Patni Computer systems
• i-flex Solutions
• L&T Infotech
• IBM India
• Cognizant Technology Solutions
• HP India
• Jet Airways
• Kingfisher Airlines
• Air India
• Tata Steel
• Jindal Steel
• Bajaj Capital Limited
• Kotak Mahindra
• Tata AIG