The Indian Institute Of Technology Bombay (IITB) is a public engineering institute located in Mumbai in state of Maharashtra. It is the second oldest campus of the Indian Institute of Technology system. IIT Bombay is ranked globally among top universities of science & technology
It was established by an Act of Parliament in the year 1958. Planning got its wings in the year 1957 and the first batch of hundred students was given admission in 1958.
It has been approved by the AICTE and also recognized by the UGC. In the year 1961, the Institute was proclaimed as an institution which is having national importance.
IIT Bombay was set up with assistance from UNESCO and funds from the USSR Government. UNESCO provided equipment and technical experts mainly from the Soviet Union.
The UNESCO supplied with many fellowships (27 in number) so that the Indian faculty members could be given appropriate training in the USSR.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
Why Join Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Bombay
- Ranked 2nd among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
- Collaborations with National and International universities/industries for faculty and student exchange, training and research programs
- Various research papers have been published by faculty and students in reputed journals
- Separate Entrepreneurship Cell to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among students
- Faculty includes award winning Ph.D holders
- Provides various outreach programs such as Quality improvement, center for distance engineering education program etc
- Separate placement cell which is responsible to provide world class job offers to the students in eminent industries and various public and private sector organizations
- The placement cell of IIT Bombay has very impressive records which reveals about the earlier placements of the students in MNCs
- 88 Pre-Placement Offers (PPO) made to students for final placements based on their internships in 2012-13 of which 60 were accepted by students
Top Recruiting Companies
- 3M India Ltd.
- GE India Technology Centre-JFWTC
- C. Neilsen
- General Motor
- Opera Solutions
- General Motors India
- Oracle India
- Global Analytics India
- Adobe Systems
- Amazon India
- Blue Star Infotech