• Boys Hostel
• Girls Hostel
• IT Infrastructure
Careers and Jobs at IIT Bombay
The members of the faculty of IIT Bombay are engaged in a wide range of activities besides substantial academic and research commitments. They contribute significantly to the country’s growth in science and technology by making their services available to various national and state level committees. A highly motivated staff support the institute’s general administration, teaching and research. IITB provides a reasonably flat organisational environment and work culture for both its faculty and staff. Those who choose IITB as their “permanent” address enjoy certain distinct advantages:
Mumbai: The city attracts the best talents in business, the arts, education and research. IIT Bombay is a place of excellence in the city, and like the city itself, it encourages the culture of hard work.
Powai: Powai is one of Mumbai’s most attractive suburbs. Located between the Western and the Central railway lines, which are the lifelines of Mumbai, IITB can easily be accessed by most suburbs. Powai is a beautiful suburb located on the banks of the Powai Lake. It has grown considerably in the last few years as a commercial and residential hub; it offers good entertainment facilities and a satisfying shopping experience to its cosmopolitan residents. It is also easily accessible from the international and domestic airport terminals (8 and 15 km respectively).
Placements and opportunities at International institute of Information Technology
Placement: IIIT-B has enjoyed excellent placement for all the eleven batches of M.Tech students who have graduated so far. Of the 1396 alumni, a few have gone for doctoral studies at MIT, UC Berkeley, Indiana University, University of Washington and Syracuse University in USA, Paderborn and University of Kaiserslautern in Germany, Trento in Italy and IIIT-B and BITS Pilani in India. The rest have taken up positions in more than 180 corporations that include:
• IT Products Majors – AmDocs, Ariba, Adobe, BEA, Business Objects, Compaq, Digital, EMC, HP, IBM, Intel, iFlex, i2, Microsoft, Novell, Oracle, SAP, SAS, Software AG, Sun, Symantec, Unisys, Verisign.
• R & D units – ABB Research, C-Step, Daimler Chrystler Research, Google Labs, HP Labs, Honeywell, IBM Research, Infosys SETLabs, Microsoft Research, Siemens Corporate Research, Yahoo Labs.
• IT Services Majors – Acenture, Cap Gemeni, Caritor, Cognizant, Convansys, CSC, EDS, HCL, Infosys, IBM, Mindtree, Mastek, Satyam, Symphony, TCS, Wipro, Zensar.
• Engineering Majors – ABB, Ashok Leyland, Bosch, Bosel, Daimler Chrystler, Delmia, Delphi, Dassault, GE, General Motors, Honeywell, Mercedes Benz, Philips Systems, Siemens.
• Networking Majors – Alcatel, Cisco, D-Link, Fiber Link, Huawei, Lucent, LG-Soft, Motorola, Nokia, Nokia Siemens, Nortel, Qwest, Samsung
• Semiconductor Majors – Agere, Freescale, Intel, Infeneon, Texas Instruments, NXP, Infineon, Samsung.
• EDA Major – Cadence, Magna, Magma, Mentor Graphics